Diesel Rig Buildup NEW PICS!

This is for all the technical information, whether it be writeups or parts explained.

Moderator: huntersuhoh

Re: Diesel Rig Buildup NEW PICS!

Postby ROKTOY » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:33 am

Well, the truck had a few changes made yesterday. Cleaned up the tubing and painted it. Turned the chrome wheels to black. Still needs a few more coats to cover it completely. Mounted the High Lift in the bed. Can I just say I am ready to get this thing up in the air a bit???

Sorry about the quality, took it with the phone and it was getting a little dark.
Toyota-Traded, XJ-Sold
Big Black Smoke Blower...in the works
ROKTOY

Postby ROKTOY » Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:37 pm

Had an awesome afternoon...the lift pump on the truck decided to take a dump on my way into work. Looking like around 500 dollars for just the parts. Now I have to push it to find all the parts before this weekend.
Toyota-Traded, XJ-Sold
ROKTOY

Postby ROKTOY » Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:51 pm

I have to give a big thanks to Midway Auto Parts in Greer. They found me a replacement pump for just over 100 dollars. And they had it to me the next morning for no extra cost...heck, they even delivered it!

So it is game on for the Gulches this weekend!
ROKTOY

Postby ROKTOY » Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:30 pm

Well. Got pretty much all the damage taken care of. Truck is officially regeared to 4:56 and it is really noticeable right now with the 31's lol

Might be down at the park on Sunday to play around a bit.
Toyota-Traded, XJ-Sold
ROKTOY

Postby ROKTOY » Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:13 pm

Well, the truck is down again. Yet another unit bearing failure. This is going to have to stop. I am looking into either finding a set of rockwells or beefing these axles.

This truck still sees the road pretty much every day so I am leaning towards beefing the AAM's and keeping a decent size tire on it.

So far the research has come to this...

I can get a fully optioned Ballistic free Spin conversion for $1700 shipped.

I can get 2 NEW Rockwell steer axles shipped for around the same price.

Oh what to do...
Toyota-Traded, XJ-Sold
ROKTOY

Postby dragnz24 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:26 pm

http://www.branikmotorsports.com/
daynatrac makes a free spin kit too
dragnz24
Site Admin

Postby ROKTOY » Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:33 pm

I haven't heard the best reviews on the kit. But there are a few good reviews on them as well.
Toyota-Traded, XJ-Sold
ROKTOY

Postby ROKTOY » Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:49 am

On the Branik kit, it looks like it is still a unit bearing but just an upgrade to use larger shafts.

I may give them a call and see what the details are. Anything stronger than the pieces that I am getting now will help.
Toyota-Traded, XJ-Sold
ROKTOY

Postby ROKTOY » Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:34 pm

Just a few pics of the truck as it sits. I am back on nights now so I would really like to get it back down to Brad's and get this thing rolling again...I also have a stack to put on it as the exhaust is pretty much smashed at the back lol :lol:

The right side of the truck has damage to both doors, the bed and even dented the tubing on the front. Oh and it went on the dyno and laid down 483HP to the rear tires...and I didn't even have the TST Powermax turned on lol Oh and the torque wasn't half bad either...829 ft/lbs I need to pull the CP3 injection pump off and mod it. That will give me more fuel flow and I can turn the tuners up a bit. Should also pick up some more HP just out of the pump itself.
Toyota-Traded, XJ-Sold
ROKTOY

Postby artstj » Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:39 pm

ONLY 829 ft/lbs?! What are ya looking for?! 829 should pull the banks of the river up a bit to prevent flooding this year! That thing's a tractor!
artstj

Postby ROKTOY » Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:46 pm

Final numbers I am going to be looking for are 600HP/1100TQ I can easily get the HP number with a shot of nitrous but I want to stick with fuel only and not spray this one lol The factory turbo will not support 600HP and the factory injector nozzles will not support it either. I have to be careful though...If I get too big of a turbo and injector setup the egt's will get a little crazy on trying to crawl over stuff like Honda's and Kia's lol
Toyota-Traded, XJ-Sold
ROKTOY

Postby ROKTOY » Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:59 pm

Just got a Cobra 29 NW LTD SW cb for the truck. It is a pretty good upgrade from my little cobra that is in the truck now. Got the Streamlight flashlight and charger mounted up on the dash as well. Going to pick up the new antenna mounting and heavier coax for it tomorrow. Going to move the antenna to the center of either the wiper cowl or center of the front bed wall.

I reworked the tuning on the truck some more as well. Need to get it back up on the dyno again to see what happens. Basically at 2800RPM it throws full rail pressure to the truck and pulls HARD through 3500RPM.
Toyota-Traded, XJ-Sold
ROKTOY

Previous

Return to All Tech All Makes